My Amazing Misunderstandings Chapter 5: Kebab at the Bus Stop Or What the hell is Michael Jackson singing about?

Up until fairly recently I thought that in the song by Michael Jackson, DON'T STOP 'TILL YOU GET ENOUGH, MJ was taking on the character of a man who having drunk a little too much, finds himself waiting for a bus home from a pub crawl while eating a kebab.

It turns out he is not singing about this experience at all, and in fact saying something like: "Keep on with the Force; don't stop". Which is I guess equally showered in meaninglessness.

Personally, I prefer the image of American R and B stars waiting at rain soaked bus stops in the North of England for night buses to come. It's a bit more existential.

Here is some diligent nerd presenting the lyrics in their original form. He has ruined my dream:

Comments