Scene With Angry Man On A Children's Scooter

FADE IN:

EXT. CITY STREET - DAY

A man in his late forties, full tailored suit with buttoned up collar and double breasted jacket is pushing himself along on a child’s SCOOTER amidst city noise and TRAFFIC. It is mid summer. Sweat under the collar and under the arm pits. A dog day afternoon in the metropolis.

He looks like Gene Hackman on speed. Except for the Children’s scooter.

ANGRY SCOOTER MAN
Look, listen to me. I’m not going to give you a
penny. Do you understand me? Not a fucking penny.

The man scoots along faster.

ANGRY SCOOTER MAN (CONT’D)
Listen we’re both fucking adults here. But I do
not have to tell you that if you force my hand,
you are going to regret it. Do you hear me? If
you want to take it to the board. Take it to
the board but I am holding firm.

The business man comes to an intersection where he is forced to wait for the light to turn green.

ANGRY SCOOTER MAN (CONT’D)
No I am not threatening you.
(beat as he hears
the retort on the
other end of the line)
Fine. I am threatening you.
(beat)
Fine. You want to see where that goes?
Well be my guest, you filthy piece of gutter
trash.
(beat)
You’re damn right I’m gonna’ yell. I am going
to yell and I am going to scream.
(beat)
Go ahead. Look I am behaving responsibly here.
I am an adult. Do you understand me? I am not a
whimpering child, telling some sad story
about how I didn’t get what I wanted. I make
things happen. Do you understand me? I AM A
FUCKING MAN.

The traffic clears and the light turns green. The man puts the scooter down again, grabs the handle bars and starts pushing.

FADE OUT.

Comments