Crap Translations to French Songs Part 4


Lyrics to My Philosophy by Amel Bent

My favorite line: "I am the donkey that kicks the asses of kings." But I am noticing, the more I translate these things a "woe is me" tendency in French pop songwriting.

I only have one philosophy
To be accepted the way I am
Despite everything everyone says
I’m keeping my fist up
For better or worse
I’ve got coffee skin but I’m not a martryr
I carry on with a light heart
But always with my fist raised

Keep your head up, stick your chest out
Never stop making an effort
Life leaves you no choice
I am the donkey that kicks king’s asses
Despite our pains , our differences
And all these incessant injustices
Me, I keep my fist raised

Even higher, even further

Shoot for the moon
I’m not scared
Even in trials
I believe in it even more and in my heart
Sacrifices
You know I’ll make ‘em
In fact I’ve already made them
But always with my fist in the air

I’m not like all the other girls
When you unmask me when you take off my clothes
I’ve got shape, I’ve got curves
It only serves to warm the heart
I’m a girl from the projects
I’ve learned to be proud
It’s about love more than misery
It’s about heart not about stones

I only have on philosophy
To be accepted the way I am
With strength and a smile
My fist raised to the future
Lift my head, stick my chest out
Without ever forgetting to double my efforts
Life leaves me no choice
I’m the donkey that kicks the king’s ass

Comments