"The Artist's Way"


Lately a lot of people keep trying to loan me the book "The Artist's Way".

I've been living The Artist's Way for a about twelve years now and let me tell you: it sucks.

Ask Vincent Van Gogh.

"The Artist's Way" is the only path where someone can injure you by saying your soul sucks. There is also no money for dinner.

You know what a real book about the Artist's Way is....?

"Down and Out in Paris and London" by George Orwell. Or try "Hunger" by Knut Hamsun.

Real artists don't recommend paths to being an artist. They are not that sadistic.


I myself recommend the partial "Artist's Way", that is creation mixed with a flair for self promotion. PT barnum meets Leonardo Da Vinci with vacations in Cancun. Unfortunately this magnetic individual probably does not exist to write a book. And if he is alive, he is out living it, not recommending his way to tourists.

So please, for the love of all of creation. Stop recommending this book to me.

Comments