Thought(s) of the Day, June 27th, 2013

I was urged to take advantage of the sales today.

And while I do need new clothes, to be reminded that there will be sales on made me feel conflicted.

Let me explain ...

I am sure Warren Buffet or Bill Gates being told that there is a sale on, brings a rather perverse joy to their day.

"Warren, cargo slacks at Banana Republic are 20 percent off." I would imagine he cracks a grin in hearing this as he enjoys a feeling much like watching your pin ball collect extra points as it hits all the flippers on the way down.

But for me sales are like markers that remind me a) how poor I am or b) how ill prepared I have been in my monthly finances as sales are always at the end of the month. Of course.

Plus if you miss one, even undeliberately, people seem to think that you deserved to pay higher prices. People feel no qualms at total condemnation in this respect. That's why people tell you about the sale in the first place. So that you've been warned.

Critics of your character can add "never took advantage of the sales" to any assessment and it would be deemed "Worth adding".

Comments